Merchant Account Services

Merchant Account Forums

Are there gateways can achieve this???

View previous topic :: View next topic  

stymiee
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Are there gateways can achieve this??? Reply with quote

[quote="student4ever"]1- i need offline credit card processing ie: first i auhorise credit card and hold the amount then after a while i settle the transaction or cancel it (Q: what are the longest time after it transaction are canceled automatically?) because in my system there are transaction that are settled after (week , hours , months)[/quote]Your gateway can be set up to authorize credit cards without actually processing/completing the transaction. You then can go back and complete the transaction at a later time using the built-in virtual terminal. Every major gateway offers a virtual terminal. This is just a fancy name for a web page that you can run transaction through just like a credit card terminal.

The authorization code you are given when you authorize the credit card can last up to 30 days from the moment you acquire it. After that you need to re-authorize the credit card if you wish to process it at a later date.

[quote="student4ever"]2- the page of credit card information should be at
gateway site but is customised for me, for example : some users should enter part of credit card ibformation, it because they should not know all the information, would the gateway will customise this page for me? .[/quote]This will vary by gateway. Some will allow for some customization of their hosted checkout page. Others are static and cannot be changed. If you need a lot of customization for your checkout page you really should consider using the gateway's API. That will allow you to completely customize the checkout page's look and feel as well as the data it captures.

[quote="student4ever"]3- when user enters credit card information and submits the order , gateway sould send to me (???) the transaction Id because the settlement or cancelation the transaction i should control it from my website (using API).[/quote]If you use the gateway's API you will have access to lots of information about every transaction including the transaction ID, approval code, and AVS result, and more.

[quote="student4ever"]3-can i ask for reports about transactions using API.[/quote]I don't know of a gateway that has an API for reporting but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are a lot of gateways out there and one may offer it.

[quote="student4ever"]4- what about offline credit card processing , what are the main functions i can use example: authorise, sale, cancel, [/quote] Virtual terminals offer most of the same features a credit card terminal does which includes authorizing a sale, running a complete transaction void a sale, issue a refund, etc. You can access the virtual terminal from any computer with a web browser and Internet connection.

Be sure to read out article [url=http://www.merchant-account-services.org/article/payment-gateways-reviewed]Six Payment Gateways Reviewed[/url] to learn more about gateways and to compare some of the major ones.

stymiee
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately to do an Authorization and then force the sale through at a later time requires having the credit card information. Although you already have an authorization number from the Authorization Only transaction you have run, you essentially have to ring the transaction through again. The only difference between that transaction and a regular transaction is you provide the authorization number instead of receiving one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gateways All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: